District Council of Peterborough
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in District Council of Peterborough than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among District Council of Peterborough's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in District Council of Peterborough or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of District Council of Peterborough, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|District Council of Peterborough||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||3||0.6||2.1||5||1.0||1.9||-2||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||42||8.6||10.9||37||7.3||10.9||+5||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||3||0.6||3.6||3||0.6||3.3||0||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||16||3.3||1.9||17||3.3||1.7||-1||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||30||6.1||12.9||27||5.3||11.4||+3||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||31||6.3||8.9||29||5.7||7.4||+2||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||15||3.1||3.6||6||1.2||3.4||+9||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0.0||0.1||0||0.0||0.1||0||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||18||3.7||2.5||18||3.5||3.3||0||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in District Council of Peterborough shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (42 people or 8.6%)
- Education (35 people or 7.1%)
- Society and Culture (31 people or 6.3%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 108 people in total or 22.0% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 5.4% in Education; and 8.9% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of District Council of Peterborough and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (6.1% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Architecture and Building (0.6% compared to 3.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (6.3% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Health (6.1% compared to 8.6%)
The number of resident workers in District Council of Peterborough decreased by 19 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in District Council of Peterborough.