RDA Yorke and Mid North Region
Resident workers - Hours worked
41.7% of the resident workers in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for RDA Yorke and Mid North Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|RDA Yorke and Mid North Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,938||13.5||12.8||3,945||13.3||12.0||-7||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,187||10.9||10.4||3,044||10.3||9.8||+143||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,840||13.1||13.1||3,458||11.6||11.7||+382||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||4,121||14.1||20.6||3,969||13.4||19.8||+152||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,679||9.2||9.2||3,038||10.2||10.2||-359||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,395||18.4||13.1||6,091||20.5||14.5||-696||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by RDA Yorke and Mid North Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of RDA Yorke and Mid North Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.4% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.1% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.1% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region decreased by 969 people (5.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-696 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+382 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-359 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+152 people)