Barunga West Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
46.4% of the resident workers in Barunga West Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Barunga West Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Barunga West Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Barunga West Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||133||14.5||12.8||127||13.7||12.0||+6||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||94||10.3||10.4||96||10.4||9.8||-2||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||123||13.4||13.1||103||11.1||11.7||+20||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||83||9.1||20.6||86||9.3||19.8||-3||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||71||7.8||9.2||93||10.1||10.2||-22||22007|
|49 hours or more||221||24.1||13.1||251||27.2||14.5||-30||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Barunga West Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Barunga West Council and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (24.1% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.5% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (9.1% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.8% compared to 9.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Barunga West Council decreased by 45 people (8.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Barunga West Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-30 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-22 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+20 people)
- None (+12 people)