Copper Coast Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
35.1% of the resident workers in Copper Coast Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Copper Coast Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Copper Coast Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Copper Coast Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||784||15.8||12.8||665||13.8||12.0||+119||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||533||10.7||10.4||539||11.2||9.8||-6||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||719||14.5||13.1||643||13.3||11.7||+76||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||830||16.7||20.6||737||15.2||19.8||+93||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||380||7.7||9.2||438||9.1||10.2||-58||22007|
|49 hours or more||689||13.9||13.1||747||15.5||14.5||-58||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Copper Coast Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 45.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 51.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Copper Coast Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (15.8% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.7% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.6% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.7% compared to 9.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Copper Coast Council area decreased by 47 people (1.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Copper Coast Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+119 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+93 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+76 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-58 people)