Regional Council of Goyder
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.9% of the resident workers in Regional Council of Goyder work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Regional Council of Goyder's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Regional Council of Goyder depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Regional Council of Goyder||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||207||12.2||12.8||222||12.7||12.0||-15||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||181||10.6||10.4||167||9.5||9.8||+14||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||229||13.4||13.1||194||11.1||11.7||+35||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||209||12.3||20.6||196||11.2||19.8||+13||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||148||8.7||9.2||160||9.1||10.2||-12||22007|
|49 hours or more||379||22.3||13.1||462||26.3||14.5||-83||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Regional Council of Goyder's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a similar proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Regional Council of Goyder and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.3% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked Not stated (3.3% compared to 1.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.3% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.0% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Regional Council of Goyder decreased by 118 people (11.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Regional Council of Goyder between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-83 people)
- 40 hours (-36 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+35 people)
- Not stated (+22 people)