District Council of Peterborough
Resident workers - Hours worked
35.9% of the resident workers in District Council of Peterborough work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for District Council of Peterborough's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in District Council of Peterborough depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|District Council of Peterborough||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||77||15.3||12.8||101||19.8||12.0||-24||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||63||12.5||10.4||64||12.5||9.8||-1||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||85||16.9||13.1||66||12.9||11.7||+19||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||57||11.4||20.6||61||11.9||19.8||-4||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||27||5.4||9.2||34||6.7||10.2||-7||22007|
|49 hours or more||94||18.7||13.1||120||23.5||14.5||-26||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by District Council of Peterborough's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 48.8% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 47.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of District Council of Peterborough and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.7% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (16.9% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (11.4% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (5.4% compared to 9.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in District Council of Peterborough decreased by 23 people (8.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in District Council of Peterborough between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-26 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-24 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+19 people)
- 40 hours (+14 people)