Wakefield Regional Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
40.4% of the resident workers in Wakefield Regional Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Wakefield Regional Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Wakefield Regional Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Wakefield Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||346||12.4||12.8||356||12.6||12.0||-10||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||288||10.3||10.4||269||9.5||9.8||+19||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||359||12.9||13.1||330||11.7||11.7||+29||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||488||17.5||20.6||386||13.7||19.8||+102||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||220||7.9||9.2||299||10.6||10.2||-79||22007|
|49 hours or more||549||19.7||13.1||587||20.8||14.5||-38||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Wakefield Regional Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a similar proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) as well as a similar proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 57.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Wakefield Regional Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (19.7% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.5% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (12.8% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.9% compared to 9.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Wakefield Regional Council area decreased by 83 people (4.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Wakefield Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+102 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-79 people)
- 40 hours (-68 people)
- 49 hours or more (-38 people)