Yorke Peninsula Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.9% of the resident workers in Yorke Peninsula Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Yorke Peninsula Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Yorke Peninsula Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Yorke Peninsula Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||579||14.3||12.8||595||14.2||12.0||-16||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||454||11.2||10.4||414||9.9||9.8||+40||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||516||12.7||13.1||507||12.1||11.7||+9||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||432||10.6||20.6||455||10.8||19.8||-23||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||333||8.2||9.2||349||8.3||10.2||-16||22007|
|49 hours or more||874||21.5||13.1||984||23.5||14.5||-110||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Yorke Peninsula Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 54.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Yorke Peninsula Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (21.5% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.3% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (10.6% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.2% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Yorke Peninsula Council area decreased by 170 people (7.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Yorke Peninsula Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-110 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+40 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-23 people)
- 40 hours (-21 people)