Yorke Peninsula Region
Resident workers - Hours worked
39.8% of the resident workers in Yorke Peninsula Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Yorke Peninsula Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Yorke Peninsula Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Yorke Peninsula Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,496||15.1||12.8||1,387||13.9||12.0||+109||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,081||10.9||10.4||1,049||10.5||9.8||+32||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,358||13.7||13.1||1,253||12.6||11.7||+105||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,345||13.5||20.6||1,278||12.8||19.8||+67||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||784||7.9||9.2||880||8.8||10.2||-96||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,784||18.0||13.1||1,982||19.9||14.5||-198||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Yorke Peninsula Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 44.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 53.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Yorke Peninsula Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.0% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (15.1% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (13.5% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.9% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Yorke Peninsula Region decreased by 262 people (4.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Yorke Peninsula Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-198 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+109 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+105 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-96 people)