District Council of Mount Remarkable
Resident workers - Industry
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employs more of District Council of Mount Remarkable's resident workforce than any other industry sector.
Industry sector data identifies the industries in which the residents of an area work either within the residing area or elsewhere. Comparing the industry sectors in which District Council of Mount Remarkable residents are employed in the industry sectors that are located in District Council of Mount Remarkable, indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents, or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Industry sector statistics in District Council of Mount Remarkable are influenced by a range of factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available within commuting distance;
- The educational levels of the local population; and
- The working and social aspirations of the local population.
Industry sector data should be viewed in conjunction with Residents place of work.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers industry of employment|
|District Council of Mount Remarkable - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||363||29.0||4.0||348||26.4||3.7||+15|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||9||0.7||1.2||14||1.1||1.3||-5|
|Accommodation and Food Services||53||4.2||6.7||72||5.5||5.9||-19|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||39||3.1||4.1||36||2.7||3.9||+3|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||3||0.2||1.3||4||0.3||1.4||-1|
|Financial and Insurance Services||15||1.2||2.7||4||0.3||2.8||+11|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||9||0.7||1.3||4||0.3||1.2||+5|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||18||1.4||5.6||26||2.0||5.2||-8|
|Administrative and Support Services||19||1.5||3.6||16||1.2||3.2||+3|
|Public Administration and Safety||83||6.6||7.1||101||7.7||6.7||-18|
|Education and Training||120||9.6||8.6||112||8.5||7.5||+8|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||185||14.8||14.8||178||13.5||12.8||+7|
|Arts and Recreation Services||4||0.3||1.4||7||0.5||1.2||-3|
|Industry not classified||36||2.9||3.3||23||1.7||1.8||+13|
Analysis of the jobs held by the resident workforce in District Council of Mount Remarkable in 2016 shows the three most popular industry sectors were:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (363 people or 29.0%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (185 people or 14.8%)
- Education and Training (120 people or 9.6%)
In combination these three industries employed 668 people in total or 53.4% of the total resident workforce.
In comparison, South Australia employed 4.0% in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing; 14.8% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 8.6% in Education and Training.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workforce of District Council of Mount Remarkable and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (29.0% compared to 4.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Retail Trade (5.9% compared to 10.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (1.4% compared to 5.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Manufacturing (4.2% compared to 8.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the resident workforce between 2011 and 2016 in District Council of Mount Remarkable were for those employed in:
- Accommodation and Food Services (-19 resident workforce)
- Public Administration and Safety (-18 resident workforce)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (+15 resident workforce)
- Industry not classified (+13 resident workforce)