Mid North Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers managers in Mid North Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Yorke and Mid North Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Mid North Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,098||12.7||--||1,169||13.3||--||-71||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||780||9.0||--||720||8.2||--||+60||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||866||10.0||19.3||880||10.0||23.8||-14||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||707||8.2||--||625||7.1||--||+82||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||135||1.6||5.3||129||1.5||--||+6||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Mid North Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,956 people or 22.7%)
- Labourers (1,461 people or 16.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,098 people or 12.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 4,515 people in total or 52.3% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services employed 17.5% in Managers; 7.0% in Labourers; and % in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Mid North Region and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (12.7% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (11.8% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (16.9% compared to 7.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Sales Workers (7.0% compared to 50.9%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Mid North Region decreased by 185 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Mid North Region were for those employed as:
- Managers (-228 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+82 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-71 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+60 people)