Barunga West Council
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Managers in Barunga West Council than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Barunga West Council's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Barunga West Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||92||10.0||13.4||106||11.4||14.1||-14|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||90||9.8||12.0||91||9.8||10.5||-1|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||76||8.3||13.3||85||9.2||14.4||-9|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||80||8.7||6.1||76||8.2||6.4||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||23||2.5||1.5||16||1.7||1.6||+7|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Barunga West Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (268 people or 29.1%)
- Labourers (136 people or 14.8%)
- Professionals (112 people or 12.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 516 people in total or 56.0% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% in Managers; 11.1% in Labourers and 20.3% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Barunga West Council and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (29.1% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (12.2% compared to 20.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (8.3% compared to 13.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (4.8% compared to 9.6%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Barunga West Council decreased by 7 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Barunga West Council were those employed as:
- Managers (-32 persons)
- Labourers (+19 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-14 persons)
- Professionals (+12 persons)