Copper Coast Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Technicians and Trades Workers in Copper Coast Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Copper Coast Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Copper Coast Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||759||15.3||13.4||775||16.0||14.1||-16|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||638||12.8||12.0||568||11.8||10.5||+70|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||534||10.7||13.3||522||10.8||14.4||+12|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||390||7.8||6.1||371||7.7||6.4||+19|
|Inadequately described or not stated||87||1.8||1.5||78||1.6||1.6||+9|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Copper Coast Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (759 people or 15.3%)
- Labourers (736 people or 14.8%)
- Professionals (643 people or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,138 people in total or 43.0% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 11.1% in Labourers and 20.3% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Copper Coast Council area and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (12.9% compared to 20.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (14.8% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.7% compared to 13.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (11.5% compared to 9.6%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Copper Coast Council area increased by 136 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Copper Coast Council area were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+70 persons)
- Labourers (+34 persons)
- Professionals (+30 persons)
- Managers (-26 persons)