District Council of Peterborough
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Managers in District Council of Peterborough than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of District Council of Peterborough's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|District Council of Peterborough||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||48||9.8||13.4||56||10.7||14.1||-8|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||73||14.8||12.0||64||12.3||10.5||+9|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||35||7.1||13.3||39||7.5||14.4||-4|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||42||8.5||6.1||37||7.1||6.4||+5|
|Inadequately described or not stated||17||3.5||1.5||13||2.5||1.6||+4|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in District Council of Peterborough in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (100 people or 20.3%)
- Labourers (98 people or 19.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (73 people or 14.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 271 people in total or 55.1% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% in Managers; 11.1% in Labourers and 12.0% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of District Council of Peterborough and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (8.5% compared to 20.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (19.9% compared to 11.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (20.3% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (7.1% compared to 13.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in District Council of Peterborough decreased by 30 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in District Council of Peterborough were those employed as:
- Professionals (-17 persons)
- Labourers (-10 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+9 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-8 persons)