Southern Flinders Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers managers in Southern Flinders Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Yorke and Mid North Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Southern Flinders Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,460||13.7||13.4||1,552||14.2||14.1||-92||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,284||12.1||12.0||1,163||10.6||10.5||+121||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,052||9.9||13.3||1,103||10.1||14.4||-51||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,047||9.8||6.1||1,142||10.4||6.4||-95||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||171||1.6||1.5||210||1.9||1.6||-39||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Southern Flinders Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,857 people or 17.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,460 people or 13.7%)
- Professionals (1,448 people or 13.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 4,765 people in total or 44.7% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% in Managers; 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and 20.3% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Southern Flinders Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (17.4% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (9.8% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (13.6% compared to 20.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (9.9% compared to 13.3%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Southern Flinders Region decreased by 301 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Southern Flinders Region were for those employed as:
- Managers (-122 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+121 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-95 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-92 people)