Yorke Peninsula Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers managers in Yorke Peninsula Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Yorke and Mid North Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Yorke Peninsula Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,386||13.9||13.4||1,457||14.6||14.1||-71||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,132||11.4||12.0||1,058||10.6||10.5||+74||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||991||10.0||13.3||1,007||10.1||14.4||-16||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||767||7.7||6.1||740||7.4||6.4||+27||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||168||1.7||1.5||171||1.7||1.6||-3||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Yorke Peninsula Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,970 people or 19.8%)
- Labourers (1,456 people or 14.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,386 people or 13.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 4,812 people in total or 48.3% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% in Managers; 11.1% in Labourers; and 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Yorke Peninsula Region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (19.8% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (14.6% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (11.8% compared to 20.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.0% compared to 13.3%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Yorke Peninsula Region remained stable 0 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Yorke Peninsula Region were for those employed as:
- Managers (-114 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+74 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-71 people)
- Labourers (+58 people)