District Council of Mount Remarkable
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In District Council of Mount Remarkable, the workforce has a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. However this dataset is NOT available at the Local Government Area level, and had to be matched using a best fit of work destination zones (DZNs) to the current LGA boundaries. District Council of Mount Remarkable is one area for which there is no good match of 2011 DZNs to 2016 LGA boundaries, so there is no reasonable data comparison between 2011 and 2016 for this area. 2011 data has been turned off and is currently unavailable for comparison for District Council of Mount Remarkable.
|Local workers qualifications|
|District Council of Mount Remarkable - All industries||2016|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia %|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||92||11.0||25.9||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||100||12.0||10.6||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||7||0.8||1.5||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||200||23.9||21.4||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||21||2.5||2.2||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||21||2.5||2.7||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the in District Council of Mount Remarkable in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 26.3% of the held educational qualifications, and 47.2% had no qualifications, compared with 40.2% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce in District Council of Mount Remarkable and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualifications (47.2% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (23.9% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (12.0% compared to 10.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (11.0% compared to 25.9%)