Northern Areas Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Northern Areas Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Northern Areas Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||244||14.1||25.9||224||12.2||22.1||+20|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||150||8.7||10.6||144||7.8||9.4||+6|
|Certificate I and II Level||32||1.8||1.5||44||2.4||1.6||-12|
|Certificate III & IV Level||412||23.8||21.4||366||19.9||20.0||+46|
|Certificate Level, nfd||40||2.3||2.2||26||1.4||1.9||+14|
|Inadequately described or not stated||53||3.1||2.7||78||4.2||3.9||-25|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Northern Areas Council area in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 50.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 46.3% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Northern Areas Council area and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (14.1% compared to 25.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (46.3% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (23.8% compared to 21.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.7% compared to 10.6%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Northern Areas Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-156 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+46 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+20 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+14 local workers)