District Council of Peterborough
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In District Council of Peterborough, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|District Council of Peterborough - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||55||11.9||25.9||56||11.5||22.1||-1|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||39||8.5||10.6||45||9.3||9.4||-6|
|Certificate I and II Level||14||3.0||1.5||5||1.0||1.6||+9|
|Certificate III & IV Level||102||22.1||21.4||95||19.6||20.0||+7|
|Certificate Level, nfd||10||2.2||2.2||6||1.2||1.9||+4|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||2.6||2.7||19||3.9||3.9||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in District Council of Peterborough in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 47.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 49.7% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of District Council of Peterborough and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (11.9% compared to 25.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (49.7% compared to 35.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.5% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (3.0% compared to 1.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in District Council of Peterborough between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-30 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+9 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+7 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-6 local workers)