District Council of Mount Remarkable
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In District Council of Mount Remarkable, 42.2% of workers were Managers, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in District Council of Mount Remarkable will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in District Council of Mount Remarkable;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|District Council of Mount Remarkable - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||80||9.6||13.4||96||11.4||14.1||-16|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||70||8.4||12.0||84||10.0||10.5||-14|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||61||7.3||13.4||56||6.7||14.4||+5|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||37||4.4||6.1||35||4.2||6.4||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||11||1.3||1.5||8||1.0||1.6||+3|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in District Council of Mount Remarkable in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (352 local workers or 42.2%)
- Labourers (105 local workers or 12.6%)
- Professionals (92 local workers or 11.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 549 people in total or 65.7% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% as Managers; 11.1% as Labourers and 20.2% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in District Council of Mount Remarkable and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (42.2% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (11.0% compared to 20.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (3.2% compared to 9.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (7.3% compared to 13.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in District Council of Mount Remarkable between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (+57 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-18 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-16 local workers)
- Labourers (-15 local workers)