District Council of Orroroo Carrieton
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within District Council of Orroroo Carrieton, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in RDA Yorke and Mid North Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. However this dataset is NOT available at the Local Government Area level, and had to be matched using a best fit of work destination zones (DZNs) to the current LGA boundaries. District Council of Orroroo Carrieton is one area for which there is no good match of 2011 DZNs to 2016 LGA boundaries, so there is no reasonable data comparison between 2011 and 2016 for this area. 2011 data has been turned off and is currently unavailable for comparison for District Council of Orroroo Carrieton.
|Local workers occupations|
|District Council of Orroroo Carrieton - All industries||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||35||9.1||13.4||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||50||13.0||12.0||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||25||6.5||13.4||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||4||1.0||6.1||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||15||3.9||1.5||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the workforce in District Council of Orroroo Carrieton in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (132 local workers or 34.2%)
- Labourers (66 local workers or 17.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (50 local workers or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 248 people in total or 64.2% of the local workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% as Managers; 11.1% as Labourers; and 12.0% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in District Council of Orroroo Carrieton and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (34.2% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (17.1% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (9.8% compared to 20.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (6.5% compared to 13.4%)