43.5% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Scenic Rim Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Scenic Rim Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,016||11.9||11.0||1,867||11.5||10.4||+149|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,684||10.0||9.4||1,534||9.5||8.8||+150|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,187||12.9||12.0||1,925||11.9||10.8||+262|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,665||15.7||19.2||2,491||15.4||18.1||+174|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,483||8.8||9.4||1,489||9.2||10.5||-6|
|49 hours or more||3,200||18.9||16.6||3,330||20.6||18.4||-130|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Scenic Rim Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.5% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.9% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.7% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.8% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.9% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council increased by 225 people (2.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+262 persons)
- 40 hours (+187 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+174 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+150 persons)