Scenic Rim Regional Council
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.5% of the resident workers in the Scenic Rim Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 42.5% in South East Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Scenic Rim Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Scenic Rim Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South East Queensland%||Number||%||South East Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,016||11.9||11.2||1,867||11.5||10.8||+149||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,684||10.0||9.8||1,534||9.5||9.2||+150||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,187||12.9||12.0||1,925||11.9||10.9||+262||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,665||15.7||19.6||2,491||15.4||18.7||+174||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,483||8.8||9.3||1,489||9.2||10.3||-6||22007|
|49 hours or more||3,200||18.9||15.2||3,330||20.6||16.6||-130||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Scenic Rim Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to South East Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.2% and 62.1% respectively for South East Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and South East Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.9% compared to 15.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.9% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.7% compared to 19.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.8% compared to 18.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council increased by 225 people (2.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+262 people)
- 40 hours (+187 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+174 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+150 people)