55.7% of the resident workers (Manufacturing) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council work 40 or more hours, compared to 54.3% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Scenic Rim Regional Council's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Scenic Rim Regional Council depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council - Manufacturing||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||63||5.5||5.0||87||6.1||4.4||-24|
|16 hours - 24 hours||64||5.6||4.6||72||5.1||4.3||-8|
|25 hours - 34 hours||110||9.5||6.8||104||7.3||6.1||+6|
|35 hours - 39 hours||218||18.9||26.0||300||21.1||24.0||-82|
|41 hours - 48 hours||172||14.9||14.8||186||13.1||15.7||-14|
|49 hours or more||217||18.8||17.5||292||20.5||19.6||-75|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Scenic Rim Regional Council's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 23.7% of the resident workers in Manufacturing worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 74.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 18.7% and 80.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Manufacturing) of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (5.6% compared to 4.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.5% compared to 6.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.9% compared to 26.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.8% compared to 17.5%)
The number of the resident workers (Manufacturing) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council decreased by 226 people (-20.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Manufacturing) in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-82 persons)
- 49 hours or more (-75 persons)
- 40 hours (-55 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-24 persons)