Scenic Rim Regional Council
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers technicians and trades workers in the Scenic Rim Regional Council than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Scenic Rim Regional Council's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,729||16.1||14.3||2,659||16.4||14.9||+70||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,877||11.1||11.3||1,674||10.4||10.0||+203||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,058||12.2||13.6||1,993||12.3||14.7||+65||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,301||7.7||6.9||1,268||7.8||7.3||+33||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||245||1.4||1.6||267||1.7||1.8||-22||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Scenic Rim Regional Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (2,729 people or 16.1%)
- Managers (2,563 people or 15.1%)
- Professionals (2,423 people or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 7,715 people in total or 45.5% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 12.1% in Managers; and 19.8% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (14.1% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (15.1% compared to 12.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (16.1% compared to 14.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (14.3% compared to 19.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Scenic Rim Regional Council increased by 770 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Scenic Rim Regional Council were for those employed as:
- Labourers (+275 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+203 people)
- Professionals (+110 people)
- Sales Workers (+92 people)