Scenic Rim Regional Council
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Scenic Rim Regional Council, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||2,203||17.8||25.1||1,806||15.2||21.5||+397|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||1,341||10.8||10.9||1,063||9.0||9.3||+278|
|Certificate I and II Level||206||1.7||1.3||180||1.5||1.5||+26|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,844||23.0||23.0||2,589||21.8||21.6||+255|
|Certificate Level, nfd||316||2.6||2.0||219||1.8||1.7||+97|
|Inadequately described or not stated||414||3.3||2.7||492||4.1||3.8||-78|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Scenic Rim Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.9% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.8% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (17.8% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.8% compared to 35.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (3.3% compared to 2.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate Level, nfd (2.6% compared to 2.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-487 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+397 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+278 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+255 local workers)