Scenic Rim Regional Council
Local workers - Qualifications - Financial and Insurance Services
In the Scenic Rim Regional Council, the Financial and Insurance Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council - Financial and Insurance Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||16||11.9||33.0||11||8.4||27.5||+5|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||27||20.1||18.3||14||10.7||15.9||+13|
|Certificate I and II Level||3||2.2||1.2||4||3.1||1.7||-1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||29||21.6||12.8||26||19.8||11.6||+3|
|Certificate Level, nfd||6||4.5||2.3||4||3.1||2.1||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||2.0||4||3.1||2.9||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Scenic Rim Regional Council in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 60.4% of the workers (Financial and Insurance Services) who held educational qualifications, and 39.6% had no qualifications, compared with 67.5% and 30.5% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Financial and Insurance Services) of the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (11.9% compared to 33.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with No qualification (39.6% compared to 30.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (21.6% compared to 12.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate Level, nfd (4.5% compared to 2.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-15 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+13 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+5 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+3 local workers)