Scenic Rim Regional Council
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the Scenic Rim Regional Council, 17.4% of workers were Managers, compared to 19.8% in Public Administration and Safety.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Scenic Rim Regional Council will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Scenic Rim Regional Council;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Scenic Rim Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||Number||%||Public Administration and Safety||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,633||13.2||8.3||1,601||13.5||6.6||+32|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,677||13.6||19.8||1,460||12.3||19.1||+217|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||1,378||11.1||19.1||1,376||11.6||19.9||+2|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||727||5.9||5.6||743||6.3||5.9||-16|
|Inadequately described or not stated||166||1.3||1.8||190||1.6||2.0||-24|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (2,146 local workers or 17.4%)
- Labourers (1,820 local workers or 14.7%)
- Professionals (1,801 local workers or 14.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 5,767 people in total or 46.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Public Administration and Safety workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council employed 19.7% as Managers; 6.1% as Labourers and 19.3% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council and Public Administration and Safety were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (14.7% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.1% compared to 19.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (8.2% compared to 0.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.6% compared to 19.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Scenic Rim Regional Council between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+218 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+217 local workers)
- Professionals (+124 local workers)
- Managers (-57 local workers)