City of Stonnington
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Other Services) technicians and trades workers in the City of Stonnington than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Stonnington's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Stonnington||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||402||28.1||43.8||409||29.7||45.9||-7||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||366||25.6||15.2||272||19.7||12.8||+94||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||137||9.6||10.5||154||11.2||11.6||-17||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||10||0.7||1.6||14||1.0||1.7||-4||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||0.3||0.7||18||1.3||1.1||-13||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) in City of Stonnington in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (402 people or 28.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (366 people or 25.6%)
- Managers (207 people or 14.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 975 people in total or 68.2% of the resident workers (Other Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 43.8% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 15.2% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 8.6% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) of the City of Stonnington and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (25.6% compared to 15.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Managers (14.5% compared to 8.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Professionals (13.8% compared to 9.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (28.1% compared to 43.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Other Services)] in City of Stonnington increased by 52 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers (Other Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Stonnington was for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+94 people)