City of Stonnington
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more female resident workers professionals in the City of Stonnington than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Stonnington's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Stonnington - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||846||3.0||4.5||792||3.2||4.5||+54||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,753||9.9||15.7||2,281||9.2||13.9||+472||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,834||17.4||20.7||4,761||19.3||23.1||+73||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||72||0.3||1.4||85||0.3||1.5||-13||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||448||1.6||1.5||503||2.0||1.9||-55||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the female resident workers in City of Stonnington in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (11,252 people or 40.4%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (4,834 people or 17.4%)
- Managers (4,398 people or 15.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 20,484 people in total or 73.5% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, Victoria employed 26.9% in Professionals; 20.7% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 10.3% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female resident workers of the City of Stonnington and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Professionals (40.4% compared to 26.9%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Managers (15.8% compared to 10.3%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (9.9% compared to 15.7%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Labourers (2.0% compared to 6.6%)
The number of people in the female resident workers ] in City of Stonnington increased by 3,182 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Stonnington were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,555 females)
- Managers (+709 females)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+472 females)
- Sales Workers (+296 females)