City of Stonnington
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Stonnington - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||23,764||43.2||33.3||18,879||37.2||28.6||+4,885|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||7,177||13.1||11.5||6,747||13.3||10.4||+430|
|Certificate I and II Level||407||0.7||1.0||460||0.9||1.1||-53|
|Certificate III & IV Level||6,241||11.4||18.1||5,723||11.3||17.9||+518|
|Certificate Level, nfd||935||1.7||1.8||805||1.6||1.5||+130|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,416||2.6||2.8||1,965||3.9||4.0||-549|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Stonnington in 2016 compared to Victoria shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 70.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 27.3% had no qualifications, compared with 65.7% and 31.6% respectively for Victoria.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the City of Stonnington and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (43.2% compared to 33.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (11.4% compared to 18.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (27.3% compared to 31.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (13.1% compared to 11.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the City of Stonnington between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4,885 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,111 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+518 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+430 local workers)