Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Subiaco's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Subiaco depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Subiaco - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,040||12.9||11.9||964||12.0||10.8||+76|
|16 hours - 24 hours||806||10.0||9.9||722||9.0||9.2||+84|
|25 hours - 34 hours||795||9.8||10.7||718||8.9||9.5||+77|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,061||13.1||17.2||984||12.3||15.8||+77|
|41 hours - 48 hours||877||10.9||9.5||1,016||12.7||10.9||-139|
|49 hours or more||1,492||18.5||17.3||1,664||20.7||19.6||-172|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the City of Subiaco's resident workers in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.7% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 36.5% and 61.8% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the City of Subiaco and Western Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (13.1% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (20.6% compared to 17.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (10.9% compared to 9.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.5% compared to 17.3%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the City of Subiaco decreased by 79 people (-1.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the City of Subiaco between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-172 persons)
- 40 hours (+155 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-139 persons)
- None (-128 persons)