Woollahra Municipal Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce in Woollahra Municipal Council area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Woollahra Municipal Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Woollahra Municipal Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Woollahra Municipal Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Woollahra Municipal Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||721||2.6||2.1||695||2.6||2.0||+26||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||1,191||4.3||10.4||1,158||4.4||10.8||+33||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||1,030||3.7||4.4||897||3.4||4.1||+133||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||164||0.6||1.5||159||0.6||1.5||+5||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||7,282||26.0||17.1||6,421||24.2||15.5||+861||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||5,114||18.3||8.8||4,689||17.7||7.6||+425||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||615||2.2||3.3||600||2.3||3.2||+15||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||16||0.1||0.1||7||0.0||0.1||+9||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||826||2.9||2.7||819||3.1||3.5||+7||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Woollahra Municipal Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (7,282 people or 26.0%)
- Society and Culture (5,114 people or 18.3%)
- Health (2,305 people or 8.2%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 14,701 people in total or 52.5% of the resident workers .
In comparison, New South Wales employed 17.1% in Management and Commerce; 8.8% in Society and Culture; and 7.1% in Health.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of Woollahra Municipal Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (18.3% compared to 8.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (26.0% compared to 17.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Creative Arts (8.0% compared to 3.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (4.3% compared to 10.4%)
The number of resident workers in Woollahra Municipal Council area increased by 1,453 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Woollahra Municipal Council area were for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+861 people)
- Society and Culture (+425 people)
- Creative Arts (+171 people)
- Architecture and Building (+133 people)