Woollahra Municipal Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in Woollahra Municipal Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Sydney Eastern Suburbs's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Woollahra Municipal Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,170||4.2||12.7||1,175||4.4||13.2||-5||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,827||6.5||10.4||1,736||6.5||9.5||+91||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,174||11.3||13.8||3,245||12.2||15.1||-71||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||239||0.9||6.1||193||0.7||6.4||+46||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||547||2.0||1.8||658||2.5||1.8||-111||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Woollahra Municipal Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (11,889 people or 42.5%)
- Managers (6,396 people or 22.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (3,174 people or 11.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 21,459 people in total or 76.6% of the resident workers .
In comparison, New South Wales employed 23.6% in Professionals; 13.5% in Managers; and 13.8% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Woollahra Municipal Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (42.5% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (22.8% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (4.2% compared to 12.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (1.9% compared to 8.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Woollahra Municipal Council area increased by 1,465 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Woollahra Municipal Council area were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+648 people)
- Managers (+542 people)
- Sales Workers (+236 people)
- Inadequately described or not stated (-111 people)