Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Tablelands's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Tablelands depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Tablelands Regional Council - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,297||13.4||11.0||1,190||12.3||10.4||+107|
|16 hours - 24 hours||964||10.0||9.4||926||9.6||8.8||+38|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,286||13.3||12.0||1,219||12.6||10.8||+67|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,529||15.8||19.2||1,413||14.7||18.1||+116|
|41 hours - 48 hours||750||7.8||9.4||861||8.9||10.5||-111|
|49 hours or more||1,908||19.8||16.6||2,078||21.6||18.4||-170|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Tablelands's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.2% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of Tablelands and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.4% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.8% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.2% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (19.8% compared to 16.6%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Tablelands decreased by 148 people (-2.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in Tablelands between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-170 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+116 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-111 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+107 persons)