Resident workers - Hours worked
40.7% of the resident workers in Tablelands work 40 or more hours, compared to 38.0% in Arts and Recreation Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Tablelands's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Tablelands depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,297||13.4||17.1||1,190||12.3||16.0||+107||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||964||10.0||11.6||926||9.6||11.3||+38||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,286||13.3||11.6||1,219||12.6||13.2||+67||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,529||15.8||17.1||1,413||14.7||21.7||+116||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||750||7.8||7.8||861||8.9||8.5||-111||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,908||19.8||18.6||2,078||21.6||12.3||-170||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Tablelands's resident workers in 2016 compared to Arts and Recreation Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 42.6% and 55.0% respectively for Arts and Recreation Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Tablelands and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (4.5% compared to 2.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.3% compared to 11.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.4% compared to 17.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (10.0% compared to 11.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Tablelands decreased by 148 people (2.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Tablelands between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-170 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+116 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-111 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+107 people)