In Tablelands, Construction had the highest local sales, generating $354 million in 2018/19.
Local sales by industry measures the output of local industries that is sold locally. This includes sales to local consumers, businesses and other organisations.
To get the full picture how each industry sector contributes to the regional or state economy, local sales data should be viewed alongside the other industry characteristics in the Industry sector analysis section.
Detailed notes about how the figures are derived can be found in the specific topic notes section.
National Economics (NIEIR) - Modelled series
|Local sales by industry sector|
|Tablelands - Constant prices||2018/19||2013/14||Change|
|Industry||$m||%||Queensland||$m||%||Queensland||2013/14 - 2018/19|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||115.8||6.9||2.1||112.5||6.6||2.0||+3.3|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||106.1||6.3||4.3||75.8||4.4||3.7||+30.3|
|Accommodation and Food Services||35.0||2.1||2.8||36.9||2.2||2.4||-2.0|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||46.9||2.8||4.8||59.0||3.5||4.8||-12.1|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||22.9||1.4||2.3||13.7||0.8||1.8||+9.2|
|Financial and Insurance Services||60.1||3.6||6.2||55.5||3.2||5.2||+4.6|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||238.8||14.2||14.0||161.3||9.4||11.5||+77.4|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||81.1||4.8||7.0||64.7||3.8||5.7||+16.4|
|Administrative and Support Services||43.4||2.6||3.6||39.9||2.3||3.3||+3.5|
|Public Administration and Safety||61.4||3.6||4.1||74.8||4.4||3.9||-13.4|
|Education and Training||63.9||3.8||3.7||54.3||3.2||3.2||+9.6|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||174.4||10.3||6.6||111.3||6.5||4.3||+63.0|
|Arts and Recreation Services||10.1||0.6||0.9||10.1||0.6||0.8||+0.0|
Source: National Institute of Economic and Industry Research (NIEIR) ©2019. Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id informed decisions NIEIR-ID data are adjusted each year, using updated employment estimates. .id informed decisions. Data are based on a 2016-17 price base for all years. NIEIR-ID data are inflation adjusted each year to allow direct comparison, and annual data releases adjust previous years’ figures to a new base year.Learn more
An analysis of the local sales by industry sectors in Tablelands in 2018/19 shows the three largest industries were:
- Construction ($354million or 21.0%)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services ($239million or 14.2%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance ($174million or 10.3%)
In combination these three industries accounted for $768 million in total or 45.5% of the total local sales by total industry in the Tablelands.
In comparison, the same 3 industries in Queensland accounted for 20.2% in Construction; 14.0% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services and 6.6% in Health Care and Social Assistance.
The major differences between local sales by industries of Tablelands and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local sales by Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (6.9% compared to 2.1%)
- A larger percentage of local sales by Health Care and Social Assistance (10.3% compared to 6.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Financial and Insurance Services (3.6% compared to 6.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local sales by Professional, Scientific and Technical Services (4.8% compared to 7.0%)
The total local sales by industry in Tablelands $decreased by -25 million between 2013/14 and 2018/19.
The largest changes in the local sales by industries between 2013/14 and 2018/19 in Tablelands were for:
- Construction (-$188 million)
- Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services (+$77 million)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+$63 million)
- Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services (+$30 million)