42.8% of All industries local workers in Tablelands are employed part-time and 54.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Monash across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Tablelands - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,206||14.1||11.0||1,154||13.3||10.5||+52|
|16 hours - 24 hours||900||10.5||9.4||854||9.8||8.9||+46|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,218||14.2||12.0||1,149||13.2||10.9||+69|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,380||16.1||19.3||1,266||14.6||18.3||+114|
|41 hours - 48 hours||655||7.6||9.4||758||8.7||10.6||-103|
|49 hours or more||1,527||17.8||16.4||1,777||20.5||18.5||-250|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Tablelands in 2016 compared to Queensland within Tablelands shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 42.8% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 54.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.9% and 62.3% respectively for Queensland within City of Monash.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Tablelands and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.1% compared to 11.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.1% compared to 19.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (13.4% compared to 17.2%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Tablelands between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-250 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+114 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-103 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+69 local workers)