City of Tea Tree Gully
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce in the City of Tea Tree Gully than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the City of Tea Tree Gully's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the City of Tea Tree Gully or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the City of Tea Tree Gully, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|City of Tea Tree Gully||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||914||1.9||2.1||783||1.6||1.9||+131||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||5,781||12.2||10.9||6,025||12.4||10.9||-244||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||1,950||4.1||3.6||1,796||3.7||3.3||+154||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||569||1.2||1.9||507||1.0||1.7||+62||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||6,393||13.5||12.9||5,895||12.1||11.4||+498||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||3,862||8.2||8.9||3,257||6.7||7.4||+605||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||1,679||3.5||3.6||1,610||3.3||3.4||+69||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||44||0.1||0.1||17||0.0||0.1||+27||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||975||2.1||2.5||1,441||3.0||3.3||-466||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the City of Tea Tree Gully shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (6,393 people or 13.5%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (5,781 people or 12.2%)
- Society and Culture (3,862 people or 8.2%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 16,036 people in total or 33.9% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.9% in Management and Commerce; 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; and 8.9% in Society and Culture.
The major difference between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of the City of Tea Tree Gully and South Australia was:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (12.2% compared to 10.9%)
The number of resident workers in the City of Tea Tree Gully decreased by 1,251 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Tea Tree Gully were for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+605 people)
- Management and Commerce (+498 people)
- Education (+458 people)
- Health (+362 people)