City of Tea Tree Gully
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in the City of Tea Tree Gully than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of City of Tea Tree Gully's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|City of Tea Tree Gully||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||7,220||15.3||13.4||7,845||16.2||14.1||-625||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,774||12.2||12.0||5,170||10.7||10.5||+604||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||7,959||16.8||13.3||8,879||18.3||14.4||-920||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,579||5.5||6.1||2,616||5.4||6.4||-37||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||675||1.4||1.5||622||1.3||1.6||+53||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in City of Tea Tree Gully in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (8,995 people or 19.0%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (7,959 people or 16.8%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (7,220 people or 15.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 24,174 people in total or 51.1% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 20.3% in Professionals; 13.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the City of Tea Tree Gully and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (16.8% compared to 13.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (15.3% compared to 13.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (8.9% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (10.5% compared to 12.6%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in City of Tea Tree Gully decreased by 1,242 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the City of Tea Tree Gully were for those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-920 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-625 people)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+604 people)
- Sales Workers (-293 people)