City of Tea Tree Gully
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the City of Tea Tree Gully, the have a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers qualifications|
|City of Tea Tree Gully - All industries||2016|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia %|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,682||22.0||25.9||0||0.0||0.0||+4,682||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,246||10.6||10.6||0||0.0||0.0||+2,246||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||362||1.7||1.5||0||0.0||0.0||+362||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||4,633||21.8||21.4||0||0.0||0.0||+4,633||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||458||2.2||2.2||0||0.0||0.0||+458||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||522||2.5||2.7||0||0.0||0.0||+522||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the City of Tea Tree Gully in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 36.4% of the held educational qualifications, and 39.4% had no qualifications, compared with 40.2% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the in the City of Tea Tree Gully and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualifications (39.4% compared to 35.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (21.8% compared to 21.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Levels (1.7% compared to 1.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (22.0% compared to 25.9%)