Upper Lachlan Shire
Resident workers - Hours worked
46.3% of the resident workers in Upper Lachlan Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 44.1% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Upper Lachlan Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Upper Lachlan Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Upper Lachlan Shire||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||357||10.1||10.8||343||9.9||10.4||+14||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||370||10.5||10.4||349||10.0||9.7||+21||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||410||11.6||10.5||345||9.9||9.8||+65||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||542||15.4||19.1||500||14.4||18.2||+42||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||270||7.7||9.1||327||9.4||10.0||-57||22007|
|49 hours or more||791||22.4||14.9||815||23.5||16.4||-24||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Upper Lachlan Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.2% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 61.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 34.9% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Upper Lachlan Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (22.4% compared to 14.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (16.2% compared to 20.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (15.4% compared to 19.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (7.7% compared to 9.1%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Upper Lachlan Shire decreased by 59 people (2.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Upper Lachlan Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+65 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-57 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+42 people)
- 49 hours or more (-24 people)