Upper Lachlan Shire
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Managers in Upper Lachlan Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Upper Lachlan Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Upper Lachlan Shire||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||482||13.7||12.7||470||13.5||13.2||+12|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||379||10.7||10.4||327||9.4||9.5||+52|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||381||10.8||13.8||360||10.4||15.1||+21|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||225||6.4||6.1||205||5.9||6.4||+20|
|Inadequately described or not stated||58||1.6||1.8||64||1.8||1.8||-6|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Upper Lachlan Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (947 people or 26.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (482 people or 13.7%)
- Professionals (454 people or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,883 people in total or 53.4% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.5% in Managers; 12.7% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 23.6% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Upper Lachlan Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (26.9% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (12.9% compared to 23.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (5.5% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.8% compared to 13.8%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Upper Lachlan Shire increased by 55 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Upper Lachlan Shire were those employed as:
- Managers (-68 persons)
- Labourers (+62 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+52 persons)
- Professionals (-27 persons)