Upper Lachlan Shire
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In Upper Lachlan Shire, 34.4% of workers were Managers, compared to 23.6% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Upper Lachlan Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Upper Lachlan Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Upper Lachlan Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||317||12.8||12.7||261||11.6||13.2||+56|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||236||9.5||10.4||186||8.3||9.5||+50|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||205||8.3||13.8||192||8.5||15.0||+13|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||107||4.3||6.1||101||4.5||6.4||+6|
|Inadequately described or not stated||35||1.4||1.8||24||1.1||1.8||+11|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Upper Lachlan Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (854 local workers or 34.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (317 local workers or 12.8%)
- Labourers (308 local workers or 12.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,479 people in total or 59.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 13.5% as Managers; 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 8.8% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Upper Lachlan Shire and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (34.4% compared to 13.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (10.4% compared to 23.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (8.3% compared to 13.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (12.4% compared to 8.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Upper Lachlan Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+59 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+56 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+50 local workers)
- Sales Workers (+41 local workers)