36.5% of the resident workers (Other Services) in the Town of Victoria Park work 40 or more hours, compared to 78.0% in Mining.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Town of Victoria Park's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Town of Victoria Park depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Town of Victoria Park - Other Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Mining%||Number||%||Mining%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||85||13.8||1.7||54||10.0||1.1||+31|
|16 hours - 24 hours||70||11.4||3.0||53||9.8||3.0||+17|
|25 hours - 34 hours||75||12.2||1.7||56||10.3||2.0||+19|
|35 hours - 39 hours||134||21.8||9.2||102||18.8||8.3||+32|
|41 hours - 48 hours||63||10.2||15.5||65||12.0||17.0||-2|
|49 hours or more||51||8.3||42.6||66||12.2||38.9||-15|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Town of Victoria Park's resident workers in 2016 compared to Mining shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.4% of the resident workers in Other Services worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 12.0% and 87.2% respectively for Mining.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Other Services) of the Town of Victoria Park and the Mining workforce were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.8% compared to 1.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.2% compared to 1.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.8% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (8.3% compared to 42.6%)
The number of the resident workers (Other Services) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Town of Victoria Park increased by 2 people (0.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Other Services) in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+32 persons)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+31 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+19 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+17 persons)