Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Hours worked
44.6% of the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park work 40 or more hours, compared to 51.7% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Town of Victoria Park's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Town of Victoria Park depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Town of Victoria Park||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,937||11.1||3.4||1,670||10.0||2.4||+267||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,912||10.9||4.5||1,691||10.1||2.4||+221||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,670||9.6||6.3||1,391||8.3||4.1||+279||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,278||18.8||29.0||2,996||17.9||28.2||+282||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,709||9.8||16.5||1,992||11.9||15.3||-283||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,544||14.6||18.2||2,720||16.2||21.2||-176||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Town of Victoria Park's resident workers in 2016 compared to Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.3% and 80.7% respectively for Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Town of Victoria Park and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.1% compared to 3.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (10.9% compared to 4.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.8% compared to 29.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.8% compared to 16.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Town of Victoria Park increased by 8 people (0.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-283 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+282 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+279 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+267 people)