Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Hours worked
44.6% of the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park work 40 or more hours, compared to 40.6% in Education and Training.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Town of Victoria Park's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Town of Victoria Park depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Town of Victoria Park||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,937||11.1||15.5||1,670||10.0||15.6||+267||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,912||10.9||10.5||1,691||10.1||8.8||+221||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,670||9.6||10.3||1,391||8.3||10.0||+279||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,278||18.8||18.6||2,996||17.9||19.5||+282||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,709||9.8||9.0||1,992||11.9||10.7||-283||22007|
|49 hours or more||2,544||14.6||13.2||2,720||16.2||14.1||-176||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Town of Victoria Park's resident workers in 2016 compared to Education and Training shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 63.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.2% and 59.1% respectively for Education and Training.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Town of Victoria Park and Education and Training were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (20.3% compared to 18.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.6% compared to 13.2%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked Not stated (1.7% compared to 0.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.1% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Town of Victoria Park increased by 8 people (0.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-283 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+282 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+279 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+267 people)