Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Hours worked
54.6% of the male resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park work 40 or more hours, compared to 39.6% in Retail Trade.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Town of Victoria Park's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Town of Victoria Park depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Town of Victoria Park - Males||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Retail Trade%||Number||%||Retail Trade%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||765||8.2||15.4||641||7.0||16.3||+124||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||762||8.2||13.1||702||7.6||12.6||+60||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||644||6.9||8.5||544||5.9||8.2||+100||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,661||17.9||21.0||1,519||16.5||15.5||+142||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,073||11.5||10.4||1,279||13.9||11.1||-206||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,863||20.0||13.6||2,001||21.7||17.4||-138||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Town of Victoria Park's male resident workers in 2016 compared to Retail Trade shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 25.9% of the male resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 72.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.8% and 60.6% respectively for Retail Trade.
The major differences between the hours worked by the male resident workers of the Town of Victoria Park and Retail Trade were:
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 40 hours (23.0% compared to 15.6%)
- A larger percentage of male resident workers worked 49 hours or more (20.0% compared to 13.6%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (8.2% compared to 15.4%)
- A smaller percentage of male resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.2% compared to 13.1%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the male resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Town of Victoria Park decreased by 112 people (1.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the male resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-206 males)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+142 males)
- 49 hours or more (-138 males)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+124 males)