Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Other Services) technicians and trades workers in the Town of Victoria Park than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Town of Victoria Park's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Town of Victoria Park||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||201||33.1||43.6||204||37.8||47.3||-3||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||116||19.1||15.5||73||13.5||12.0||+43||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||64||10.5||10.7||67||12.4||12.0||-3||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||9||1.5||2.0||11||2.0||2.3||-2||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||--||0.8||3||0.6||0.7||--||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) in Town of Victoria Park in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (201 people or 33.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (116 people or 19.1%)
- Professionals (86 people or 14.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 403 people in total or 66.3% of the resident workers (Other Services).
In comparison, Western Australia employed 43.6% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 15.5% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 8.8% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) of the Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Professionals (14.1% compared to 8.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (19.1% compared to 15.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Managers (11.0% compared to 8.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (33.1% compared to 43.6%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Other Services)] in Town of Victoria Park increased by 69 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Other Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the Town of Victoria Park.