Town of Victoria Park
Resident workers - Qualifications
71.2% of the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park have qualifications, compared to 63.5% for Western Australia.
Education is an essential means of building the knowledge and skill levels of the labour force, which is a key factor in achieving future economic and social development.
The level of educational attainment for the Town of Victoria Park's resident workforce relates to a number of factors including:
- The age structure of the resident workforce;
- The professional or social ambitions of people to obtain qualifications (that is, to seek education and retraining);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling, and;
- The knowledge and skill requirements of the local industries.
Qualification should be looked at in conjunction with Income, Occupation and Field of qualification for a clearer picture of the knowledge and skill level of Town of Victoria Park's local resident workers.
When comparing the Qualifications of local resident worker with local workers, Qualifications statistics indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers qualifications|
|Town of Victoria Park||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Western Australia%||Number||%||Western Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||7,409||42.4||27.5||6,323||37.7||23.3||+1,086||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,076||11.9||10.8||1,957||11.7||9.8||+119||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||175||1.0||1.4||172||1.0||1.4||+3||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,503||14.3||21.6||2,461||14.7||20.9||+42||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||282||1.6||2.1||238||1.4||1.7||+44||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||421||2.4||2.8||611||3.6||4.0||-190||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park in 2016 compared to Western Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion of people with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 71.2% of the resident workers held educational qualifications, and 26.4% had no qualifications, compared with 63.5% and 33.7% respectively for Western Australia.
The major differences between qualifications held by the resident workers of the Town of Victoria Park and Western Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (42.4% compared to 27.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (11.9% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (14.3% compared to 21.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers with No qualifications (26.4% compared to 33.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the resident workers in the Town of Victoria Park between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+1,086 people )
- No qualifications (-391 people )
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+119 people )